Schell & Hogan, LLP can trace its beginnings back
to the early 1900s and the founding of the Jacksonville, Florida-based
firm of Smoak, Davis, and Nixon, LLP.
In 1956, the partners of Smoak, Davis, and Nixon, LLP decided to open a branch in Brunswick, Georgia which operated under this name for the next decade.
On August 31, 1967, J. Powell Schell and Terry D. Hogan, both partners of Smoak, Davis, and Nixon, LLP, acquired the Brunswick office and began to operate independently under the name of Schell & Hogan, LLP. Since 1967, our firm has served clients across Southeast Georgia from its main office in Brunswick as well as brief stints in Douglas, Georgia, and Hinesville, Georgia.
After operating a single Glynn County location in Brunswick for more than 40 years, Schell & Hogan, LLP established a second Glynn County location on Saint Simons Island in 2008. The Brunswick and Saint Simons offices operated jointly until 2015 when the Brunswick office closed its doors and all employees moved to Schell & Hogan, LLP’s expanded Saint Simons location.
Our deep roots and history of service form the foundation of who we are today. Schell & Hogan, LLP is proud to serve our clients and our community as we continue to hold fast to the legacy, values and high standards left by our firm’s founders.